Reregistering a Motor Vehicle from another state

Have more questions? Submit a request

To have an account created for a vehicle you own that is moving from a different state, our office will need the following:

  • Driver’s licenses of the listed vehicle owners
  • The most current vehicle registration or the vehicle title
  • Your physical Beaufort County address

The requested documentation can be submitted to our office through the request ticket form linked below. Copies can be scans or images taken from a smartphone, as long as the information is legible and preferably in PDF or a common image file format (PNG, JPEG). Please include the mention of your physical Beaufort County address in the body of the email.

For additional questions regarding vehicle registration, you will need to contact the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). Their office can be reached at either 803-896-5000 (Columbia), 843-379-8822 (Beaufort) or 843-815-6981 (Bluffton).

Submit your information

To begin the process of having your motor vehicle reregistered in South Carolina, please provide our office the above applicable documentation by filling out and attaching documents to the request ticket form linked here:
Motor Vehicle Request Ticket

Articles in this section

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
  • 843-258-5434