I transferred my license plate off the Motor Vehicle I received a renewal bill for to a different vehicle

Have more questions? Submit a request

If you recently transferred your license plate off the vehicle you received a renewal tax bill for and you have not received a bill for your current vehicle, the bill you received may need to be removed. Please contact our office to include forwarding the photo IDs of the current vehicle owners and current vehicle registration so that a new account can be created. Likewise, please include the transfer of ownership documentation for the old vehicle you received a renewal bill for (such as trade-in paperwork, a bill of sale, signed-over vehicle title, etc.), and we will be able to look into having your old vehicle account inactivated.

Following payment on your current vehicle account, the paid tax receipt issued by the Beaufort County Treasurer's office will need to be taken to the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to renew your decal and registration. For any questions regarding the renewal process, DMV can be reached at either 803-896-5000 (Columbia), 843-379-8822 (Beaufort) or 843-815-6981 (Bluffton).

Submit your information

To have an account built for your current vehicle, please provide our office the above applicable documentation by filling out and attaching documents to the request ticket form linked here:
Motor Vehicle Request Ticket

Articles in this section

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
  • 843-258-5434