120 Days Motor Vehicle bill is being taxed at 10.5%

Have more questions? Submit a request

Motor vehicles registered under personal names or a trust are normally charged the 6% tax rate. However, vehicles can be charged at the 10.5% tax rate if they meet one of the following criteria:

  • The vehicle is registered under a business name
  • The vehicle was listed by the manufacturer as having either an empty weight exceeding 9,000 lbs or a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) exceeding 11,000 lbs
  • The vehicle is a pull-behind camper, travel trailer, or motor home (RV)
  • The vehicle is a type of utility trailer, such as a cargo trailer, boat trailer, car trailer, etc.

For campers, travel trailers, or motor homes (RVs) that have living facilities such as dining, sleeping, and bathroom areas, it may be eligible for the 6% secondary residence tax rate. Please refer to the article "Requesting the 6% camper/RV affidavit to reduce your 120 Days Motor Vehicle bill" for more information.

If your personal motor vehicle is being taxed at 10.5% due to its weight but does not exceed either of the weight limits, please provide our office a picture of the manufacturer's label listing the empty weight and GVW using the request ticket form linked below. Note that requests for these tax bill adjustments can only be processed before the due date of your bill.

Further correspondence

If you feel your vehicle was taxed at 10.5% in error, please fill out our request form linked here:
Motor Vehicle Request Ticket

Articles in this section

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
  • 843-258-5434