Disabled veteran receiving a 120 Days Motor Vehicle bill

Have more questions? Submit a request

If you received a 120 Days tax notice for your vehicle but you are a 100% totally and permanently disabled veteran, you may be eligible for an exemption to have the taxes waived. A “PT-401I” form will need to be completed and submitted to the South Carolina Department of Revenue (DOR). Once this form has been processed, DOR will mail you a “Property Tax Exemption Approval” letter that can then be forwarded to our office for review.

If you have already completed this process through DOR for the vehicle you received a tax bill for, please notify our office by using the request ticket form linked at the bottom of this article. Note that anytime you sell or replace an exempt vehicle with a different vehicle, you must redo the application process with DOR for your latest vehicle purchase and have your old vehicle information removed from their records. Transferring your license plate off your exempt vehicle to your replacement vehicle will not automatically carry over your exemption benefits.

For questions on the vehicle exemption process, DOR can be reached at 803-898-5700 or Property.Exemptions@dor.sc.gov, while additional information can be found on their website: Exempt Property

Articles in this section

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
  • 843-258-5434