Requesting a refund on Documented Vessel taxes

Have more questions? Submit a request

If you sold, junked, or otherwise transferred ownership of the Documented Vessel (DV) that you paid the personal property taxes for, please provide a copy of the bill of sale or transfer of ownership documentation to our office by filling out the request form linked below. In addition, it is recommended to notify the Coast Guard at 800-799-8362.

However, if you owned the property as of January 1st of the same year you sold it, the taxes paid for that year will remain. DV accounts are not prorated since they are taxed in arrears. Note that refunds can only be requested on paid property tax bills up to 2 years after you made your payment.

Articles in this section

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
  • 843-258-5434